The Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada is supporting the Royal Canadian Legion’s letter campaign concerning with the response tabled by Government on 1 October 2014 to the 14 recommendations listed in the Third Report of the Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs (ACVA). We have all been advocating for improvements since the inception of the New Veterans Charter to improve care and benefits for our injured Veterans and their families, however the Government has made diminutive improvements and we need them to act NOW.
CANADA’S VETERANS NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
ANAVETS is asking on all of our members, their families, friends and all Canadians who care about our Veterans, to send a letter prepared by ANAVETS to their Member of Parliament demanding the Government to act now to improve the New Veterans Charter.
Join ANAVETS Letter Writing Campaign and email or mail the letter below to your Member of Parliament.
Please share and encourage others to join Veterans Associations’ in this campaign. Together, we will stand for Veterans and demand they get the care they deserve.
Instructions for Letter Writing Campaign
Thank you for supporting ANAVETS, as we join the Royal Canadian Legion’s Letter Writing Campaign to express our concerns about the Government’s response to recommendations for improving the New Veterans Charter. Our members, and all Canadians who care about our Veterans and their families, can send a letter prepared by ANAVETS to their Member of Parliament calling on the Government to take immediate action to make the priority improvements to the New Veterans Charter. The lives of our Veterans and their families need to be a priority issue for the Government of Canada. Please share this request widely with your friends and family, together we can make a difference.
You can send the letter using THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Select your Member of Parliament using your postal code, visit
(this search will also provide the email address of your MP)
- Open your email program and fill in the email address of your Member of Parliament. Also copy and paste into CC: ( email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Joe.Oliver@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Copy and paste the text ‘ Call to Action to Improve the New Veterans Charter ‘ into the Subject Line of your email.
- Copy and paste the text of the letter below into the body of the email.
- Fill in the Name of your MP in the address block at the top of the letter, the date, and your name and address at the bottom of the letter.
[ Name of Member of Parliament ]
House of Commons Parliament Buildings
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6